FTMT's Favourite Five Top Tenets

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A short walk across the greens


"Now we may be ready for anything but a round of golf is just too much (at any time of year). When we're low on leek and onion sourdough loaves, avocados or a ski trip it's a simple matter to dip into the trust fund. I don't know how the others manage, frankly I don't care. It's dog eat dog and I'm from a family of rather large dogs, high in the food chain and we do what we must do. Well my parents seem to do a lot of things and it all works out well generally (wags finger). I think the worst thing about this town is the parking, then the tourists and the locals. I've managed to avoid them all so far. It's hardly Outlander country either but they're all so intrigued with golfing history and to be honest it's a working class pastime. I'm bemused and as for the clothing choices... so if I sound like some know all stereotype it's because I choose my wine and words wisely. Not like the Americans, the Japanese and the Chinese. I'll be gone in a couple of terms, I'll flee the rain and the salt air. I'm imprisoned here for twenty weeks a year. You make your own connections don't you (that's not a question). There's always money to be made easily from a base in the West Indies, whatever the actual climate here. And we have a place there. Cassandra and I enjoy it. Yes I'd prefer to be in Antigua (very relaxing) but the correct education is important, so they say. "

No comments: