FTMT's Favourite Five Top Tenets

Monday, December 06, 2021

The Fabled City


I don't really know if you know about the Fabled City and Ed's Little Known Parking Lot. It's a location, not some indie band. You can't just arrive there either. You can only find yourself there. There's quite a difference between these two states. If you don't get that them I'm wasting my time with you.

I found a vacant space easily but once I'd driven into it, forwards, I realized I could not reverse out. My only option was to abandon the vehicle and leave a message for Ed (a person I've never met) and hope that he would deal with things. Abandonment was in the air.

I queued up for some refreshment. That was all the sign said: "Refreshments". It was a long slow moving queue. I'm still there. I'm writing this from the queue. I've no idea how far along this queue I am. There are no progress indicators. All I hear are soft sighing sounds from further ahead. I sometimes hear them from further behind too. Why do people sigh? Has it a purpose?

I've come to the conclusion than I'm lost, mostly, although I know exactly where I am. I'm in a queue. But then I think about things and it dawns on me that I've been in a queue for all my life.

No comments: