FTMT's Favourite Five Top Tenets

Friday, July 08, 2022

One Way Street

We're cutting up rainbows
We're polishing the grass
I'd like you to take your ideals
And shove them up your ass
I wish it was that simple
As simple as inside my head
But you keep coming back and yellin'
You won't be happy till I'm dead.

We're smokin' and we're drinkin'
We're setting trees on fire
I'd like to reach a steady state
But my presence's not required
I wish I was a better man
And I wish that I was worse
But they keep tellin' me it's finished
Like that was some kind of curse.

Someday I'll just roll over
Someday I'll talk more sense
I know you really love me
But it makes no difference
I wish I was confident
In my opinions and beliefs
But the warning signs all tell me
Wrong way down a one way street.

Strollin' down that one way street.

No comments: