FTMT's Favourite Five Top Tenets

Friday, November 13, 2020

Inspired by Nothing


Pigeons roasting on an hopeless fire
Jackdaws pecking at my toes
Your tight carrots hung up by a choir
And yolks dressed up like piccolos.

Everybody knows a turnkey and a living wage
Help to make the sneezing right
Tiny spots with their high indigo
Will find it hard to seize tonight.

So you know a stanza is on it's way
With lots of cloying poison cookies on a tray
Every mother-fuck preparing to cry 
To see if rainbows really do die.

So I'm strangling this single stage
For kinks from none to nearly two
Although I've been sued many times many ways
Mary Queen of Scots to you.
----------------------------------

"So now I can picture myself, inspired by nothing, in some perfect place. Wearing a headset and listening as I Skype call random members of the public. I listen without responding or baiting as they answer over complicated questions about trivial aspects of their lives. The truth and facts mean nothing, I will record whatever they may say but remain detatched and in a dream like state. In this way I will allow time to pass around and though me as I quietly await the beating wings at the window telling me of the arrival of the message I require, taped onto the leg of a slate blue carrier pigeon."

No comments: