FTMT's Favourite Five Top Tenets

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Town







www.impossiblesongs.com

http://impossiblesongs.blogspot.com

My Town

I don’t park my car anymore; I don’t visit the DIY store
I don’t walk to the paper shop, I don’t go when the sign says stop.

My town looks so grey to me,
No place to raise a family
No peace to ever let us be,
You won’t be coming around,
In my town.

The horses slid on the cobbled streets
The hungry found something good to eat
Some business grew and success repeats
But, you won’t be coming around,
In my town.

I don’t read the daily news; don’t hear the gossip or street corner views,
I don’t drink in those bars or clubs, I don’t try I just give it up.
I don’t park my car anymore; I don’t visit the DIY store

I don’t walk to the paper shop, I don’t go when the sign says stop.

I won’t go when the sign says stop
I can’t go when the sign says stop
You can’t go when the sign says stop

No comments: